...TAMI BALLESTEROS is an artist who has a big appetite for life. He is strong & determined to achieve his dreams. He overcomes challenges with finesse and class. He doesn’t need to be someone who achieved & possessed so much. He is happy just by knowing that he is able to live his life to the fullest -have fun, be happy, loving ,be romantic, laugh and cry with friends, be stylish or maybe be a bit crazy sometimes, to name a few, but most of all he is someone who is wise and spiritual enough to share the wonderful blessings he has in this short yet meaningful journey called life... Kudos to all of you ... :)

CLICK THE HEADER TO GO BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE :)


THIS WEBSITE IS POWERED BY:
TAMIBALLESTEROS.COM
your key to a beautiful life.


Share |

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

kwek kwek
max
my bike

have you ever wondered where your life is going?.have you ever felt it seems to have no direction?... that's exactly how I felt today...

then I saw my old bicycle, we call it "bisikleta" in filipino...it looks a lil rusty, just like how i am seeing how my life is goin lately...i felt as if all my friends are going somewhere, becoming all rich and successful... and I am feeling left behind...

Anyway...i decided to take a ride and go and stroll around our place...I saw people, busy doin their own things, a mom spanking her lil girl for being too naughty, a barbecue seller who is all dirty with the smoke of her flaming charcoals, a security guard bored to death in his job, boys playing basketball all sweaty, students walking to go home from school....one lil student caught my attention... it was my nephew!..Maxin..he is 9 years old.

I said "max uwe ka na?"(max are you going home?), my nephew said "yup" in his very cute boyish tone.. I said "angkas ka na"(come on take a back ride on my bike)..and he was so happy to do so...

then we went home biking , he was so proud of me he shouted "teacher si kuya oh sinundo ako..." and along the way I asked him.."what do you want?", he replied I want "shake" (shake is flavored shaved ice blended)...so we bought two buko pandan flavored shakes and 4 pieces of kwekwek(battered fried quail eggs) all costs 30 pesos (less that $US 1)..he was so happy...he told me he was glad he saw me outside his school gates..and he loved the shake and the kwekkwek...and we head off to our house (we live in the same house because his parents already have their own seperate lives if you know what i mean)...when we reached home he shouted "lola si kuya service ko ang galing no??nakatipid ako 8 pesos!"(grandma kuya tami is my new driver!I saved 8 pesos!!). But more than that I knew he was very glad that he knew he had a Big brother to count on when he is all tired and alone...even if he is just a kid..

I felt really good...with just 30 pesos on my hand and a rusty bike, I never thought, I could make someone very happy,and it just struck me that I do not need to be uber successful and rich to make my life worthwhile...no need for big accomplishments..what matters are little things we could do now...

after all..it's not what you have..it's what you do with what you have...the rusty old bike in me will never be the same again...

love u max.

4 comments:

the barefoot baklesa said...

Someone once asked me, "why are you in a hurry to get to the top?" I guess that kind of shook me in the midst of all that trying to get your name and your recognized, running from one project to another, and forcing a career at a young age... I know how it feels, as if you've missed five, if not six, trains... But we are where we are because God has a reason for us being there.
Cliché, but i believe that now more than ever.

Mac & Hubbee said...

This is the first time I'm gonna place a comment. And tami, out of all the entries you've posted, this one has blown me away. Very nice concept and how it was written, excellent.

You mean out of all the accomplishments you had, you still feel that way? Just change your paradigm, and you will start feeling good...

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet, Tami.
Ciao, Chi

tami ballesteros said...

thank you....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin