...TAMI BALLESTEROS is an artist who has a big appetite for life. He is strong & determined to achieve his dreams. He overcomes challenges with finesse and class. He doesn’t need to be someone who achieved & possessed so much. He is happy just by knowing that he is able to live his life to the fullest -have fun, be happy, loving ,be romantic, laugh and cry with friends, be stylish or maybe be a bit crazy sometimes, to name a few, but most of all he is someone who is wise and spiritual enough to share the wonderful blessings he has in this short yet meaningful journey called life... Kudos to all of you ... :)

CLICK THE HEADER TO GO BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE :)


THIS WEBSITE IS POWERED BY:
TAMIBALLESTEROS.COM
your key to a beautiful life.


Share |

Tuesday, September 29, 2009


my mom
our house after the storm

my room

outside our house

comfort room, floods were high you dont see anything

view from the roof

these pots are on top of a 6feet high wood cabinet



Recently I experienced the worst nightmare in my life... It was a Saturday morning, I just woke up... My mom told me that she was uneasy because she sees that there is flooding in our street...

I just told myself... oh its nothing, its just one of those ordinary drizzles.

Then I noticed water on our floor, higher and higher..
that time I realised it was no ordinary rain..
so I scrambled to get all my stuff on a high place coz we do not have a second floor...

But it was a li bit too late...flash flood came and I am seeing right in front of my eyes the water washing away almost all our stuff. All these while I was on top of our refrigerator.

I wanted to cry but I didn't, I wanted to be strong for my mom so I just hugged her.
It's like we are in the middle of the river...

All I could think abut is when will this will be over?...
I didn't care anymore for the material things, I said to God that just keep us alive so we could start anew...

I even told my mom... "Ma mas malala pa nga yung baha dati sa makati nung bata ako e...wala to" (mom, remember when I was a kid? the floods in makati, it was worse...) ...my futile attempt to veer her attention from the disaster even just for a lil while.

"Mas maganda na to kesa masunugan" (This is better than having our house burnt...)

A lil funny but sad...

I just prayed...prayed hard..
I realize then, that I was only calling God during times of disaster, but forgetting Him in times of happiness...

Because of the shock I didn't notice that one of my dogs was swept away....
I couldn't save her because the flood was too high....we had to climb up our roof top...

That was when the first teardrop fell...

while tears were fast falling in my eyes the tears from heaven decided to calm down...

Floods went down, revealing our things ruined...television, sofa, computer, cameras, beds,...all ruined...

But my spirit is strong, From the moment the rain stopped, I took a shovel...and took out all the mud and water inside our house...started cleaning... House ruined but my spirit is still whole.

I said to myself...Everything will be all right...


Now I am starting anew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww

Denzie said...

my god!!!that's so awful!!anything you need?am willing to help kahit papano....just msg me @ deni_jon@yahoo.com or msg me @ 09165710070.... my prayers are with you and to those who were struck by the calamity....

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain and frustrations from the devastation ondoy unleashed his fury to you and your family and to most of our kababayan. And now another one is coming 'pepeng'. i prayed it's not as bad as ondoy. These strange natural calamaties that brought destruction in asia were all over the news here in place particularly CNN. Let all extend help in any way we can. I did mine.
And to you Tami, be strong and will try to get in touch with you when i get there real soon.

Anonymous said...

Be strong Tami, our experiences are the same with that typhoon. I was able to save 1 maleta and another bag for myself. The roof was our place also.
Keep your spirits high!!

rio

Anonymous said...

thanks for adding me up by the way Tami. Your my idol when it come to indie films... and what a suprise you also do photography and much more.. wow it seems you have a lot in your future. dont feel sad after the storm because this is just noe way of God's way of making you stronger. Always thank God for everything that he have given you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin